You see a great looking convertible at the dealer centre and you know that you want it. However, this is not an easy decision and a lot of thought, research and time will have to be spent in making this decision. Cars are a long term and big investment decision and very few of us are fortunate enough to invest so much money just on a whim. It is difficult to put in our hard-earned money into something that is expensive without spending some sleepless nights going over all the details in our head.
Research Is Important:
Whether you are looking for a Corolla de Toyota or any other car model, it is important to do a thorough research of all your shortlisted models. These days, there are many online sites that will give detailed information about the mechanism of each car model, its performance on the road, its efficiency as well as user reviews. In addition to that, there are many auto magazines, which keep doing research, tests and give the test results. Read all this information carefully and try narrowing down your shortlisted cars.
Some Points That You Must Keep In Mind While Buying a New Car:
- The first thing to keep in mind is your budget. It is no point longing for a model that you can’t afford right now and then feel disappointed that you had to pick up a car that was not top most in your list. Also, look at the monthly loan amount you will have to pay for the car and its running as well as maintenance cost.
- Most people feel that it is better to buy than lease a car because this way you pay upfront and the car is yours. If you lease a car then you end up paying more than the actual cost of the car. So, if you have money, then make an upfront payment unless getting a lease helps in your tax deduction.
- Decide whether you want a new or a used car. At times, you can get a great deal on a 1-2 year old car, which will be in an excellent condition and at half the price of a new one.
- Go window-shopping with different car dealers in your locality. This will give a fair idea of how much margin each dealer has and then you can decide where to pick up the car from to get the best deal.
- If you are planning to get the car financed then arrange the finance in advance before signing on the purchase order.
- If you are planning to trade in your old car for a new one check out the trade in value from different sources, so that you are not cheated by the dealer.
- Make sure that you buy from a dealer, who makes you feel comfortable. This will be important for all your after sale services of the car.
- Do multiple test drives of the car before finalising. It is a good idea to get your entire family for the test drive to see that everyone fits in comfortably in the car and also like the driving experience.
- Before you finally take possession of your new car, do a thorough inspection of both the inside and outside of the car along with the engine.
Car buying is a big decision and don’t rush into it. Don’t go by the dealer’s words alone, as they are in the business of selling. Instead, it is recommended that you do your own research.